NARMADA COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT
“SwaBhava SwaDharma SwaTantra”
Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav-2022
Date: 17th June, 2022, Friday
Narmada College of Management
ShuklaTirth Road, Zadeshwar, Bharuch- 392011
Phone: 02642 -230595, M-9099063337
About Narmada College of Management
The College is supported by the Trust – Narmada Education & Scientific Research Society [NEST], run by M/s. Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers & Chemical Ltd. This Trust has promoted Education since 1985. Since then, we have been offering various professional programmes, viz. B.Com, B.Sc. (Chemistry, Electronics, and Computer Science), BCA, BBA, MBA (Full Time & Part Time), M.Sc. and M.Com.
Our’s is a B-School which was established in year 2000 offering two year MBA (Full Time & Part Time) programme. It is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and affiliated with Gujarat Technological University (GTU), Ahmedabad.
About the Event
REVA – SwaBhava SwaDharma SwaTantra – Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav – 2022 is a one day inter-college management fest organized with an intention to celebrate the 75thIndependence Day anniversary of India. It aims to display the multifaceted personalities and potential of our young and dynamic student community of Gujarat. Reva-2022 will showcase their talent and fortitude with a host of events exhibiting their cognitive ability, logical thinking, creativity, research orientation, team work, spontaneity, knowledge, entrepreneurship skills, analytical ability etc.
The uniqueness of “REVA – SwaBhava SwaDharma SwaTantra – Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav – 2022” lies in its dynamism and innovative approach to the celebration of events designed and developed for creating awareness about the 75thIndependence Day anniversary of India. We welcome the young and dynamic student community of Gujarat to come, experience and carry home loads of knowledge and learning and A FEW AWARDS TOO!!.
Name of the Events
8:30 to 9:00
9:00 to 10 :30
10:30 to 12:30
Debate/ Elocution/ Book Review/ Presentation
SamVaad/ Vichar/ Sameeksha/ Prastuti
12:30 to 14:00
Essay/ Poster/ Sketching
14:00 to 15:00
15:00 to 16:30
Solo/Group Singing/Poetry Recitation/Dance/Mime
16:30 to 18:00
Certificate Distribution and Valedictory
Who is an Indian
- Entries are invited from all graduate and post graduate students from all Institutes – self financed as well as university departments. Institute is required to confirm their participation along with the names of their students latest by 31st May, 2022.
- Participants must report to Narmada College of Management for registration at 8:30 am along with their I-Cards.
- All members of a given team must belong to the same Institute.
- A maximum of two entries per student is allowed for any two events
- All the team members have to strictly adhere to the stated rules or else they shall be liable to disqualification.
- The decision of the organizers of the contest and the panel of judges will be final and binding on all the participants.
- Registration fees per participant is Rs. 150/-, inclusive of breakfast and lunch.
- On the spot registration is not allowed in the events.
- Each winner and two runners up will be given attractive cash prizes with a certificate.
- Each participant will get a participation certificate at the end of the event.
- The participants will participate without using any electronic gadgets
- Registration details can be submitted on: ac.in/reva-2022
- For non-participating students and accompanying persons, food will be provided on paid guest coupons.
PRIZE WINNING ENTRIES WILL BE AWARDED WITH ATTRACTIVE CASH PRIZES
Vimarsh: Essay Competition
Topic: “The Idea of India: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow”
- The essay should not exceed 2,500 words and must be typed for submission purposes.
- The Essay must be written in English only.
- The essay, along with the ‘Personal Information Form’ and a copy of college/university/institute identity card should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Vimarsh” in the subject line. A printed copy of the same should be sent to The Director, Narmada College of Management.
- The essay should be original and must not have been submitted to any other essay competition(s) or otherwise published. All entries are checked for plagiarism. Participants will not be allowed to make any revisions to the essay, once it has been submitted.
- The Essay must be submitted on or before 31st May, 2022.
- The participant has to declare any assistance received during the writing of the essay. Sources/references used in writing the essay should be duly acknowledged in the essay.
- A Screening Committee will first review the essays received. The selected essays will then be submitted to a panel of judges for final The decision of the screening committee and the panel of judges will be final and binding on the participants.
Sankalpana: Poster Making
Topic: Facts of the Freedom struggle in India / Idea of Indian Education
- Each Participant must upload a good quality photograph of the poster on the https://ncmbharuch.ac.in/reva-2022/ on or before 10th June, 2022.
- The original poster must be brought by the participant on the day of event.
- Single Poster will be allowed per participant.
- Poster must be made on white sheet of A2 size (420 x 594 mm or 16.5 x 23.4 inch).
- Acceptable tools for making the poster may include pencil, crayon, sketch, pastel, water color, poster color, etc. (Photographs, wires, and other 3D objects are not acceptable.)
- The topic of poster and theme should be clearly mentioned at the top margin of the poster.
- The poster must not represent any particular individual, organization, or brand name and must not depict any religious theme.
- Name and class/course of participant as well as Institute name must be clearly mentioned on the back of poster.
Topic: Great Women of India / India of My Dreams
- Each Participant must upload a good quality photograph of the sketch on the https://ncmbharuch.ac.in/reva-2022/ on or before 10th June, 2022.
- The original sketch must be brought by the participant on the day of event.
- Single sketch will be allowed per participant.
- Sketch must be made on white sheet of A2 size (420 x 594 mm or 16.5 x 23.4 inch).
- Acceptable tools of sketching include pencil, crayon, colour pencils etc. (Photographs, wires, and other 3D objects are not acceptable)
- The title of sketch and theme should be clearly mentioned at the top margin of the sketch.
- The sketch must not represent any particular individual, organization, or brand name and must not depict any religious theme.
- Name and class/course of participant as well as Institute name must be clearly mentioned on the back of sketch.
SamVaad: Debate Competition
Topic : The Language of Education has led to poverty Vs the Language of Education has led to prosperity / Women Empowerment: So far so good Vs Women Empowerment – needs a deeper look
- The medium of debate will be English.
- In a team of two, one speaker has to speak for the motion and one against the motion. Both cannot speak for or against the motion.
- Each speaker will be given a time of 4+1 minutes only, the first bell will ring after 4 minutes and the last and final bell after the completion of 5th minute.
- After each speech, the speaker will answer questions from the audience as well as other participants. A maximum of 2 questions is allowed. Cross-questioning is not allowed.
- The evaluation criteria for the participants will be Matter (content), Manner (confidence, articulation), Method (structure of the speech, time limit etc.).
Vichar: Elocution Competition
Topic: Diversity in Unity – A Possibility / My India – When I was a Child and Now
- Time allowed to every participant will be 3 Minutes (depending upon the number of Registrations).
- The participants will be allowed to speak in Hindi or English only.
- The criteria for evaluation would be:
- Lucidity of language
- Style of delivery
- Capacity to engage the attention of the audience
- Precision of expression
- Depth of coverage of the subject matter including reference to latest developments in the concerned area
- Adherence to time
Sameeksha: Book Review
Topic: Biography of an Indian Freedom Fighter/Any book on the Vision of Future India
- Participants should submit a copy of book review in not more than 300 words on the email email@example.com with “Sameeksha” in the subject line. The entries must reach on or before 10th June, 2022.
- On the day of event, the participant has to make an oral presentation of the Book review. Time allotted for the presentation will be strictly 10 minutes. Power point presentation is not allowed.
- The medium of presentation of the Book Review should be in English only.
- The participant should spend less time on the summary or story of the book.
- No identification mark should be found in any part of the Book Review submission.
Business in India@75 / Innovation, Research and Development Capabilities of India
- Participants should submit a copy of power point on the email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Prastuti: Presentation” in the subject line. The entries must reach on or before 10th June, 2022.
- Power Point Presentation (PPT) must be self-explanatory and no additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files) are permitted.
- All the participants are allowed to use maximum of 15 slides in their PowerPoint presentation.
- The titles used by the participants must specified the topics of presentation.
- The presentation must be in English.
- First slide must contain participant name, institute name and topic of PPT. Participants will judge on the content, communication, skill and overall presentation.
- The participant must complete his/her presentation in the allotted time period of 10 minutes. No extra time will be given and no excuses will be entertained.
- Presentation will be judged on contents, communication skills and overall presentation.
GeetGunjan: Solo/Group Singing
Topic: Filmy, Non-filmy Deshbhakti, folk Song / Any Original song written or composed by yourself.
- Participants can either sing filmy-Non filmy Deshbhakti / folk Song or any Original song written/ composed by them related to the theme
- Performance can be held through Karoake / instrumental track or through live performance along with accompanists (Music Group)
- Time for Stage/Instruments setting is maximum 2 minutes.
- The number of accompanists if required would not be more than two.
- Duration of the song shall be for 3-4 minutes.
- Judgment will be made on the qualities like swara, taal, selection of raga, composition and general impression.
- Maximum number of participants in group singing can be 12.
Kavitavali: Poetry Recitation
Topic: Freedom struggle / Mere Sapno ka Bharat
- Contestants are required to recite poetry based on freedom struggle / Mere Sapno ka Bharat
- Poems can be one’s own creation/adaptation/adoption
- Entry can be only in solo
- Each contestant will be given maximum 4 minutes to recite poem
- Judgment will be based on the qualities like physical presence, voice and articulation, appropriateness of dramatization, level of difficulty, memory, pronunciation and overall performance
- Poem can be either in English, Hind or Gujarati language.
Topic: Folk / Tribal / Patriotic dance
- Entry can be either solo or in group.
- The dance form can be Kathak, Kathakali, Bharat Natyam, Manipuri, Kuchipudi, Mohinittam, Odissi etc.
- Participant will be allowed up to 15 minutes including time for preparation. Maximum three accompanists are permissible.
- Judgment will be based on the qualities like Tal, Technique, Rhythm, Abhinaya or Expression, Costumes, Footwork and general impression etc.
- A brief note on the description of dance story involved in it, if any, and of the accompanying song, with its meaning in Hindi or English must be submitted at the time of registration.
- For Group Folk / Tribal / Patriotic dance: Maximum 10 participants allowed per team. The team may consist of all boys, all girls or a mixture of both.
- Performance can be held through Karoake / instrumental track or through live performance along with accompanists (Music Group). The number of accompanists permissible is five.
- Dance can be either primitive or a folk dance (Indian Style) or classical dance (Indian) or a patriotic dance.
- Duration of dance should not be more than 10 minutes.
- A brief note giving the theme and the text of song if any, is to be submitted along with the entry form at the time of registration.
- The participating team will be responsible for removal of their sets / properties etc. immediately after the completion of their performance.
- Judgment will be based on the basis of Rhythm, Formation, Expression, Costumes, Make-up, and Sets on Overall Effect.
- Time for sets/ Instruments setting is maximum 5 minutes.
Nukkad Natya: Drama
Topic: Stories from epics or best practices of Indian culture / Role of teachers and parents in building the next generation
- The skit should have dance, drama, songs included in it.
- The skit should be based on stories from epics / best practices of Indian culture / role of teachers and parents in building the next generation
- The drama should have been performed at least at 3 places/street corners/neighborhoods’ prior to its presentation in the event.
- Proof of performance in the form of photographs to be attached with the registration form for the event
- Maximum numbers of 6 participants are allowed to participate in skit.
- Maximum time allotted for each team is 10 minutes.
- Use of make-up, drapery and background music is allowed.
- No personal remarks, aspersions, character assassination etc. is allowed.
- Participating team should submit a proof of each performance prior to the event along with language of presentation (Hindi or Gujarati) on the day of registration.
- The item will be judged basically on the qualities like theme, work on acting, stage craft, design and general impression.
- Vulgarity or bitter insinuations in presentation should be avoided. Only innocent satire or humour is expected.
Topic: Elements of Nature appealing to Humanity
- Theme for mime act is Elements of Nature appealing to Humanity
- Entry can be in solo or in group
- Maximum number of six participants in a team is allowed to participate.
- Judgment will most likely be based on the qualities like expressions, idea, and creativity of presentation, use of make-up, music and general impression.
- Duration of performance shall be maximum of 5 minutes.
- Trupti Almoula, Director, Narmada College of Management
- Dr. Chetna Makwana
- Dr. Subhash Yadav
- Prof. Rashmi Ghamawala
- Prof. Iram Khan
- Prof. Rakesh Panchal
- Mr. Kanu Raval
- Dr. Shailesh Shah