NARMADA COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT
“Creativity is seeing what everyone else has seen, and thinking what no one else has thought.”
– Albert Einstein
The Discussion Forum at NCM met on 30th July, 2021. The session was on Critical and Creative thinking. It began with discussing the concept of critical thinking and fallacies in our thinking process. Dr. Shah presented the concept of Creative thinking, its meaning and significance in the knowledge economy. The future is unexpected. Creativity will enable us to deal with uncertainties and chart the best course forward. Those of us with a strong creative bent will be equipped to create value even when situations change and resources are constrained as the world around us changes swiftly.
Key Takeaways from the session:
- Creativity is finding novel, practical ways to address challenges
- Creativity isn’t inherent. Everyone is born creative.
- In order to enhance creativity one must:
- be curious and ask questions
- make connections
- take risk
- challenge yourself
- question assumptions,
- give your ideas time to grow,
- cultivate your great ideas
- Few techniques to improve creative thinking are, fractionalization, analogies, mind mapping, random words, brainstorming, jigsaw puzzles to name a few.
- These techniques must be practiced in our daily activities to enhance creative abilities.
The session ended where participants quoted real life incidents where they have given creative solutions to problems.