Narmada College of Management is an excellent example of Industry – Institute interface. The College established in the year 2000 is a brain child of the visionary professional management of Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers & Chemicals Limited (GNFC) and is managed by Narmada Education and Scientific Research Society (NEST).
A beautiful natural campus in 16 acres of land developed on the bank of Maa Narmada, Zadeshwar on N. H. No. 8, is 7 kms from the historical city of Bharuch.
The Institute is self-financed affiliated to the Gujarat Technological University (GTU), Ahmedabad – Gujarat. The College building has hemispherical classrooms with audio-visual teaching aids, syndicate rooms, conference rooms, amphitheater, library, a computer laboratory with broadband Internet facility. Such a state-of-art learning environment provides a platform for development of managerial skills of career conscious students.
TO EXCEL AS AN INSTITUTION OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND RESEARCH IN MANAGEMENT FOR EMPOWERING LEARNERS AND STAKEHOLDERS TO COLLABORATIVELY CREATE A PROGRESSIVE AND HAPPY SOCIETY.
- To explore, create and disseminate relevant management knowledge rooted in Indian ethos through Case Writing and Research
- To consistently enhance learners’ competencies through continuous exchanges with alumni, academia, and industry
- To be instrumental in empowering learners to exhibit responsible leadership and citizenship behaviour, thus adding value and happiness to the society at large
- To be reckoned as an Institute driven by values, appreciative intelligence and shared leadership for creation of a healthy and sustainable ecosystem
- To evolve as a Center of Excellence – a hub for exchange of management knowledge and practices through International Research collaborations
To achieve the above :
1.A. SHORT TERM GOALS :
* Building excellence in teaching – learning through blended and innovative pedagogies, research based knowledge and application oriented interventions
* To be instrumental in improving practices and solving problems of local industries through short term programmes and consultancy
1.B. SHORT TERM OBJECTIVES :
* To attain NBA accreditation for 5 years and ensure quality in teaching – learning
* To improve the employability of the youth through value and competency building through diverse courses and interventions including entrepreneurship development and engagement of professional expertise from the local industries/organisations.
* To stay contemporary and relevant in the field of Management Education by way of :
a. Innovative pedagogy and ICT enabled programmes in teaching – learning
b. Industry and market place immersion opportunities for faculty and students
c. Alumni engagement in Institution building
* To motivate and empower faculty members to engage in resolving problems and improving practices of the local industry through training and consultancy assignments
* To ensure shared leadership for Institutional building, both – academic and administrative by consistently developing internal competencies
2.A. LONG TERM GOALS :
* Building excellence in knowledge creation and dissemination through case writing and research
* Being instrumental, as an educational institution, in enabling organisations – local and global – to work towards creating value for a happy and progressive society
* Becoming an autonomous degree- granting institution of National repute known for its unique programmes.
2.B. LONG TERM OBJECTIVES :
* To achieve recognition as a credible Institute for both – local and global management knowledge and professional expertise through international research collaborations
* To enhance faculty and learners’ competencies to enable betterment of organisations and community at large through immersion programmes
* To promote research and deliberations on Indian Knowledge Systems through design and delivery of programmes for the holistic development of learners
* To continuously explore the learning needs of the local industry, government and society and address the same through well designed short term and long term courses/programmes based on the Indian ethos
VALUES AND WORK CULTURE:
VALUES : WORK CULTURE :
1. Integrity 1. Self – Renewal
2. Equity and Justice 2. Responsible Behaviour
3. Excellence 3. Research and Experimentation
4. Happiness 4. Empowerment
5. Sustainability 5. Good Governance