The Discussion Forum at NCM met again on 2nd November 2023. The members present in the forum were Dr. P H Shah, Dr. Trupti Almoula, Dr. Chetna Makwana, Dr. Subhash Yadav, Prof. Rashmi Ghamawala, Prof. Iram Khan, Prof. Rakhi Thakkar, Prof. Rakesh Panchal and Prof. Vaishali Sheth. The theme of discussion was ‘My Belief System’.
The session began with a question what is your belief system? The members shared their opinion regarding their basic belief in God, belief in fate, luck and destiny, core values and value system, their faith in customs and rituals, etc. The following are the key takeaways from the discussion.
- Nothing is available for free in this world.
- There is no gain without efforts.
- There is no short cut to success.
- An individual can create his own destiny. One should not bother about the destiny. Life is more exciting as long as it is unpredictable.
- Service to mankind is Service to God.
- One should not search the meaning of life; instead one should make one’s life meaningful. Purpose of life is to be happy and make life peaceful for others.
- Customs are traditional and are widely accepted knowingly or unknowingly; but one needs to understand that customs and rituals have been created with a scientific rationale. One should understand the rationale behind such customs and then follow them.
- Law of Attraction: positive thoughts bring positive results into a person’s life, while negative thoughts bring negative outcomes. Thoughts are a form of energy and that positive energy attracts success in all areas of life. Therefore whatever you pay attention to will grow in life, and whatever you ignore will diminish from life.
- Values are guiding principles that we adopt in life. They serve as foundations for our belief system. Our judgments are based on our belief systems.
- A person should never compromise on his/her values.
The next discussion forum will be held on 9th November 2023. The topic is Responsibility.