The Discussion Forum at NCM met on 9th November 2023. The members present were Dr. P H Shah, Dr. Trupti Almoula, Dr. Chetna Makwana, Dr. Subhash Yadav, Prof. Rashmi Ghamawala, Prof. Iram Khan, Prof. Rakhi Thakkar, Prof. Rakesh Panchal and Prof. Vaishali Sheth. The topic of discussion was ‘Responsibility’.
The session began with a basic understanding of what is responsibility, followed with the categories of responsibilities. The members shared their opinion regarding the same. The following are the key points discussed.
- Responsibility is a duty or obligation that we are accountable for.
- Responsibility of an individual is towards one’s self, family, friends, profession, society, nation and the world.
- Certain responsibilities are individual, while others could be joint responsibilities.
- With increased status, recognition and growth comes a greater responsibility.
- Usually people tend to avoid responsibility because they don’t want to take ownership or take the blame of mistake or error.
- Lack of awareness and acceptance of responsibilities in an individual is a major challenge.
- Reasons to avoid responsibility: not to move out of comfort zone, fear of failure, incompetence, multiple tasks, tension/stress, priorities differ.
- We should rethink about our attitude and be ready and open to take responsibility.
- People tend to have a casual approach towards national responsibilities.
- Rights and duties are closely related and cannot be separated from one another
The next discussion forum is on 1st December, 2023. The topic of discussion is Patience.